Friday, January 20, 2012

Product Review: SnuggyBub baby wraps


A couple months ago, I was asked to try out a new baby wrap designed by a mum from London.  It's called SnuggyBub.  I was delighted, and I've learned a lot about this unique product over the last several weeks.

My first impression was surprise!  When I opened up the package, I expected to find a long folded piece of material.  Instead, I pulled out a cute little bag with a braided strap.  To my amazement, I flipped it inside out and the cute little bag became the pocket on the front of the wrap!  The braided strap just hides inside.

When Silas was really little, I didn't love it as much as I do now.  He was so tiny (6 lbs at birth, around 7 or 8 lbs when I started using the SnuggyBub).  I wanted to have a more stretchy material to hold him close to me.  I could never master getting the SnuggyBub snug enough for him.  The front part always seemed to be too loose.*  Now that he is 13 lbs, I definitely prefer the SnuggyBub over more stretchy wraps.  Here's why:

1.  The SnuggyBub has a 1 way stretch due to tiny ribs in the material.  That means that it fits snugly around the child without pulling down from the weight of the child.

2.  The SnuggyBub is very lightweight and is made from 100% cotton.  It washes up beautifully.

3.  The most fun feature of this wrap is that it flips into itself to make a cute little over the shoulder bag, much nicer than stuffing a wad of long material into the diaper bag!

I would highly recommend this product to someone in the market for a baby wrap.  I did not find it ideal for a very small baby*, but as soon as that baby puts on some weight (over 10 lbs / 4.5 kg), it is awesome!  I even tried Malakai (2 years old) in it and he fell right asleep!  And since the 1 way stretch supports the weight of the child without stretching down lower and lower as you wear it, it is way more comfortable!

*I just discovered why I had a problem getting it right when Silas was so little.  I was skipping the step where you pull the access fabric the the front of the crossover pieces.  If I'd done that, I bet I would've had no trouble.  Now, I need a really little baby to try it with!   Here's the great instructional video.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! it is Beautiful, I love that it tucks inside itself.... the colors are great too. If I had a baby I would def buy one.... Silas is so adorable....I can't wait to meet him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, am so glad you like the wrap! Thanks for the great review. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love to hear from BWB readers!